Web Content Producers handle the production of landing pages, articles, and other web content to tell the stories of our client and ensure the integrity of the content before it is published to the public. Bringing together written content from authors and editors throughout our client’s organization along with their photos, videos, and other media to publish high-quality, formatted and stunning digital content that engages readers and users of all ages.
Web content producers must be skilled writers and editors, with a strong grasp of grammar, style, and on-brand writing.
The position also plays a primary role in ensuring that the quality of the experience meets expectations established by the design system, the Content Management System, and other systems established to deliver content.
- Partner with content section editors to aggregate and organize duplicate content across various existing sites
- Understand the best place and best look and feel for content given the related content created on any given topic.
- Understand the best format for content given the available content for this topic.
- Become an expert in our client’s design system and use its modules, templates, foundations and more to create layouts that compliment content delivery and tell the stories in an impactful way.
- Use all elements to produce and develop pages, articles and other stories that deliver on the promises of the design system.
- Provide advice and recommendations based on the received content that improves and/or makes use of the best design practices established by the design system.
- Utilize design system and CMS content production tooling to help the client tell its stories online and work with stakeholders to ensure the best version of each story is laid out well.
- Create consistent, high-quality, topical content that keeps users coming back, encouraging them to choose our client’s site over others.
- Produce a wide variety of content types using written content from Google Docs/MS Word/other formats, migrating content into the WordPress Content Management System (CMS); sourcing suitable multimedia to accompany written content.
- Become familiar and comfortable with optimizing all content for search engines including researching and setting keywords, adding the meta description, choosing categories, and tags; configuring open graph settings for social media channels; and drafting accompanying social media updates for publication to Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets.
- Enforces content quality control standards over content, multimedia, content best practices and SEO guidelines.
- Ensuring formatting errors are addressed prior to publishing.
- Working with content owners to determine solutions as needed.
- Ensuring high attention to detail to meet content accessibility for users.
- Optimizing content, images and other elements for search engines to encourage discoverability.
- Make media (image, video) recommendations to content creators to help create better content overall.
- Monitors and reports on content performance.
- Reviews visitor analytics daily.
- Reviews content analytics daily.
- Defines and monitors KPIs for content for reporting.
- Reports performance metrics over all for content on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Participate in training sessions regarding feature additions, improvements and other best practice changes.
Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, ideally in a studio or agency environment
- Attention to detail, ability to check and recheck work to ensure everything is correct
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Ability to research and find things on existing client web pages relevant to the content being created.
- Familiarity with Web content publishing using a WordPress Content Management System (CMS)
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Experience with industry standard project management and time tracking tools
Nice to haves
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Basic level of photo and/or video editing skills.
- Basic design experience for web content and meeting brand best practices.
- Understanding of Web accessibility standards and practices
- Understanding of and experience with Search Engine Optimization concepts and techniques
- Familiarity with block-based content building using the Gutenberg editor in WordPress.
- Understanding and experience with Google Analytics
About Lone Rock Point
Lone Rock Point is a boutique consultancy that delivers bespoke technology solutions to outcome-focused, forward-thinking organizations. We develop creative and agile knowledge acquisition/management/sharing strategies that allow our clients to maximize their potential in a world of constant digital transformation
Our mission is to improve the world by improving the processes by which knowledge is shared. We work toward this by relentlessly exploring the frontier of digital transformation to bring back innovative solutions and strategies for our clients. We are dedicated to delivering value through customized, evidence-driven, and creative collaborations no matter where our clients or digital world may take us.
Lone Rock Point is a distributed, fully remote company with team members across the U.S.
Our comprehensive benefits include
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Equipment budget
- Professional development reimbursement
- Wellness benefits